There is something so exciting and energizing about the start of a new year. I know I’m starting a fresh new planner and am excited to do my best to make 2019 the best year yet.
As I’m setting goals and calibrating for the new year, I am also reflecting on 2018 and am filled with gratitude for the incredible year we just wrapped up. I hope you enjoy reading a few of our highlights!
The Pointe School of Dance 2018 Highlights:
- Company had the best competitive season yet in 2018! Our 2018 Company included our first ever Mini Company.
- We inducted Iowa’s first 5 students into our chapter of the National Honors Society for Dance Arts.
- The Pointe was selected by Coast2Coast to receive FREE Master Classes from Mr. Louie Perez.
- Our second recital, “Big City Dreams”, was incredible in June! We had three amazing shows with nearly-full audiences and premiered our first Father-Daughter Dances.
- Dancers and parents from The Pointe toured NYC in June – seeing a Broadway show, taking professional classes from iconic dance studios and companies, and touring the city. (We’ll be taking our next trip Summer 2021 – dancers entering 7th through 12th grade in 2021 will be eligible!)
- Company Dancers earned a full scholarship from YPAD and More Than Just Great Dancing to attend the 360 Dance Festival in Chicago!
- We welcomed four new teachers to our staff!
- Community Team launched and has had great performances in our community!
- We moved into our new beautiful facility, with double the number of dance rooms and triple the total space from our previous building.
- Our Holiday Show in 2018 included over 200 dancers in two shows – our most inclusive and diverse Holiday Show to date!
- 12 of our ballet dancers performed with Ballet Quad Cities and Orchestra Iowa in The Nutcracker!