I LOVE the start of a new year – the energy and excitement is contagious. I love refreshing my planner, checking in on how we’re doing, and setting big goals for the next year.
The end of the year and start of a new one is a great opportunity to look back and reflect. I’m thankful for the yearly reminder to take a moment to pause and reflect.
2019 was an amazing year for our studio – here are some of the highlights!
The Pointe School of Dance 2019 Highlights:
- 2019 brought our strongest season to date for our Company program – including amazing growth from the dancers involved in our competitive program.
- Our entire staff completed re-certification through YPAD (Youth Protection Advocates in Dance).
- Our All-Boys Hip Hop program has doubled in size and grown from one class to two classes this year!
- Recital 2019 was the “Greatest” one yet! We had three amazing shows, all full of variety and incredible performances.
- Our staff completed an in-house curriculum training and will implement our first skills testing week for Graded Technique classes this March.
- Our Acro program has grown from one class last year to 3 classes this year! Audiences at recital will get to see Acro routines for levels 1/2, 3/4, and advanced!
- We weren’t thrilled about the ice dam on our roof from last year’s extreme winter – but we made the most of the situation and used it as an opportunity to refresh and remodel much of our facility!
- Our Holiday Showcase featured more dancers than ever (over 200 performers between the 2 shows!) and gave our students a great performance experience before recital.
- The Pointe Foundation launched scholarship opportunities and currently is helping make participation in dance a possibility for 5 students.
- Dancers from The Pointe performed again with Ballet Quad Cities and Orchestra Iowa in The Nutcracker!
Looking forward to 2020:
- Competition season 2020 is just around the corner – we start with our preview show on January 12 and then compete several times through the spring! (RSVP and see the details here!)
- We’re already planning for summer dance 2020 – camps, classes, intensives, and workshops will be amazing and we can’t wait to share our schedule with you (look for it in February).
- We’ll spend this year planning our Summer 2021 trip to New York City! (PSD Families, stay tuned for more information. Dancers who will be in 7th grade and up the fall of 2021 are eligible to travel with us! On the trip, we take classes, attend performances, and experience the city on our trip!) We launched our PSD trip in the summer of 2018 and had an amazing time. Our second NYC adventure will be incredible!
- We have more big ideas and big plans in the works that aren’t quite ready to share yet – stay tuned to our newsletters to get all of the information!