We are so excited to get back to our normal schedule of classes after the holiday break! This newsletter is full of important information to help your family have a great January at the studio – be sure to keep it for your reference.
Message from Miss Vanessa:
The beginning of a new year and a new decade is so energizing. I’ve set goals, taken a step back to reflect on all of the progress our students and studio have made over the past year, and am filled to the brim with gratitude and excitement about what’s to come. This month, we’ll start to distribute the first round of recital costumes that have arrived, kick off our competitive season with our preview show, and start really preparing for recital!
Lost & Found Reminder
Our Lost & Found (in the locker room) is overflowing! Parents and dancers, please stop by to check it this week – we will empty it next weekend. Everything left in it on Friday will be donated to Goodwill.
Costumes will start to go home soon!
Recital costumes arrive between the holiday break and late April. We’ll send an email when your class has their costumes ready to be distributed in the next class session. Here are a few tips to help you care for your costumes between the time they go home and recital events starting in May:
1 – Dancers in dress code (wearing a leotard) can easily slip their costume on over their leotard to try them on at the end of class. This is just one of the many ways that being in dress code pays off!
2 – Please be prepared to label every costume piece as soon as it comes home.
3 – NEW THIS YEAR – We are sending home all costumes hung up and in garment bags. Please help us keep the costumes in great condition by keeping them hung up nicely and all accessories together.
4 – Costumes are not to be worn for play or other activities until pictures, dress rehearsal, and recital. We want to see them at their best in June (and they make great dress-up outfits after the performances!)
5 – Specific tights and shoes are needed for each class – your instructor will detail what’s needed (and we will send this information home as we get closer to pictures and recitals) in class. We have the shades of shoes and tights needed in the dance shop and will have a sale on tights around spring break to help families stock up on all the tights they need for performance 🙂
6 – Small alterations are sometimes needed to help a costume fit just right – we have a group of veteran parents who will be available as we get closer to recital for help with strap adjustments or other small fixes. More information on this opportunity will be sent home this spring.
Company Preview Show – January 12, 3:30 PM, at Linn-Mar High School
Our Company dancers have been working SO hard this year getting ready for competition season! We are so excited to see the debut of their competition routines – and would love to have you join us to support them! Our Company Preview Show is the first performance of our competition routines – and a dress rehearsal before we go to competitions for the season. This show is free and open to the public, and free-will donations for The Pointe Foundation will be collected to help us continue to provide opportunities for great dance education to families with a financial need.
If your dancer LOVED performing in the Holiday Showcase and you think they might like to consider auditioning for our competitive program (there are opportunities for dancers ages 6+ and we offer a flexible range of commitment levels), coming to the Company Preview Show is a great way to see if this program is something they’d like to be a part of!
Recital Preparation & Opportunities
January starts the time of year when our staff team is in full on recital preparation mode – we’ll start teaching recital dances in classes, organizing details for show orders and finale groups and extra routines – stay tuned for more information to come. Here are the basics you should know now:
- Find the showtime for your class(es) on the schedules (www.thepointeschool.com/schedules) or ask us at the Front Desk. We have three unique shows on Sunday, June 7 at 12:00, 3:00, and 6:00.
- Mark your calendars for ticket sales that will open April 2 (every family has 4 complimentary tickets – reserve those seats and purchase additional tickets early for the best seat selection)
- Make sure you have picture week (May 17-21, most classes Monday through Thursday will have photos on their same class day but an adjusted time) on your calendar! The adjusted schedule will be sent home in February for that week.
- Make sure you have dress rehearsals (June 2-4) on your calendar! Dress rehearsals are required for dancers to perform in recital.
- Stay tuned for information about the Father Daughter Dance performance opportunity for dancers in first grade and up!
- Get ready for practice videos, music, and more for your dancer’s class(es) and the finale that includes all dancers in the recital.
- When we get more information ready, we’ll create a dedicated Recital Page (just like the Holiday Showcase page) with all of the information you need. Stay tuned for that and bookmark that page when it becomes available!
Where to Find What you Need
We’re at the front desk from 4:30 – 7:00 PM Monday through Thursday and 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM on Saturday mornings. We’re also available via email: email@example.com any time!
For the dress code for all classes: www.thepointeschool.com/dress-code
For all policies and important dates: www.thepointeschool.com/policies
To shop for awesome PSD gear: www.shoppointeschoolofdance.com