Happy Friday, PSD Families! This Friday FYI is our primary method of communication to studio families – please save it for a time when you can read through it thoroughly and bookmark it for a reference!
- July 29 – Auto Pay is processed for August Tuition
- August 1-5 -Intensive Week & Choreography Camp
- August 6 – Back to Dance Sale & Open House (10 AM – 2 PM)
- August 14 – First Day of Classes for 2022-2023 School Year
- August 19 – Community Team Performance at Cedar Rapids Kernels Game
We are so excited to be gearing up for a new school year! As stated in our policies, Auto-Pay for August Tuition is scheduled to run on Monday, July 25th. To allow for class adjustments for our Company dancers before the start of the year- we are delaying Auto-Pay by just a few days. Auto-Pay for August Tuition will now run on Friday, July 29th. You will be receiving your tuition statements over the weekend, and we will process the payments on the 29th. Thank you for understanding! All remaining tuition payments for the school year will process on the 25th of the previous month.
Does your dancer need new shoes or gear for the new school year? Would you like to tour our facilities and see what we are all about at The Pointe?
Join us on Saturday, August 6th, for our once-a-year sale and open house! Save on individual shoes and dancewear items (10% off shoes and 20% off apparel) and with dancewear bundles that include everything your dancer needs to get started! Stop on by and let us help you get prepared for an amazing year of dance!
School Year Classes are filling up! 🌟
We’ve added a section of Tap 2/3 and Jazz 2/3 on Tuesday evenings for the School Year. Registration is open and easy online – or shoot us an email (email@example.com) and we can get your dancer added to these new time slots!
We’ve added another easy method of communication to get relevant information directly to families – right on your phone!
- Click the links on your phone to download the BAND app and join these groups 🙂
- Please join the Studio-wide BAND here: https://band.us/n/aba6607526O3B
- If your dancer is in COMPANY, please join the Company BAND here: https://band.us/n/a4ac627b2aNdR (dancers can and should join, too!)
- If your dancer is in COMMUNITY TEAM, please join the CT BAND here: https://band.us/n/a7a9687a26O1J (dancers can and should join, too!)
- We’re still tweaking the settings and figuring out how to make this work for us in the best way, but I think this will be a nice way to communicate better to our families where you are 🙂
Studio Lobby & Lounge
How to get connected at The Pointe!
We ask that families limit lobby visitors to one parent per child if you’ll be waiting in the lobby during class. We also ask that families ONLY have food in the lounge, and that families pick up after they eat. We have wipes, paper towels, and a small broom/dustpan in the lounge so the space can stay nice and neat for the next group to use the space.
We love our studio community and truly believe we work with the best families in Cedar Rapids. We know that it takes a village to raise up awesome kids, and our studio community can be a part of your village. We have a private Facebook group just for studio families – click here, let us know the dancer you’re connected with, and we’ll add you to the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1921735994748769 (you MUST answer the questions to be approved for the group) Please also join our studio-wide BAND app: https://band.us/n/aba6607526O3B (dancers can and should join, too!)
Attendance in class is crucial for dancers to learn and grow. We can only teach students who are in class 🙂 However, we know that things happen and kids may need to miss occasionally. To report an absence so your instructor knows what’s going on with your dancer, follow the steps in this 40-second video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nstwEOf7e58&list=PLZkeFgMt7mR63GMRqwjdoIM8-U1mxAx-3&index=2
Boutique & Front Desk Hours
We’re happy to help ! We catch up on studio voicemails, emails, and are available at the front desk from 4:30-7:00 Monday through Thursday, and 9:00 AM – Noon on Saturday mornings.
Students who are dressed for dance perform and progress better in class! Find out what your dancer needs for their classes and easily order online here: www.theturningpointeboutique.com
Have a wonderful weekend!
– Miss Vanessa & your PSD Staff