Happy Friday, PSD Families! This Friday FYI is our primary method of communication to studio families – please save it for a time when you can read through it thoroughly and bookmark it for a reference!
- July 25 – Auto Pay is processed for August Tuition
- August 1-5 -Intensive Week & Choreography Camp
- August 6 – Back to Dance Sale & Open House
- August 14 – First Day of Classes for 2022-2023 School Year
- August 19 – Community Team Performance at Cedar Rapids Kernels Game
We are THRILLED to announce that 2022 Recital Pictures are ready for you to order! Digital and print images are available, as well as some great package options. Here’s a video walking through how to purchase photos: https://www.loom.com/share/ef33d075dc1a41ceb2523a370826e430
And here is the gallery! https://onpointephotography.pixieset.com/recital2022photosallclassescompany/
All photos are in this gallery – use the navigation bar at the top of the gallery to select the class you’d like to view. You can mix and match images from different classes to fill your packages. We have all classes together so families can order from multiple classes and only need to pay for shipping once :). Images will print as they are displayed (minus the watermark) – if you see a photo you love, but need something adjusted (if it’s horizontal layout and you’d prefer vertical, for example) – please send us an email and we’ll see what we can do 🙂
School Year Classes are filling up! 🌟
We’ve added a section of Tap 2/3 and Jazz 2/3 on Tuesday evenings for the School Year. Registration is open and easy online – or shoot us an email (email@example.com) and we can get your dancer added to these new time slots!
We’ve added another easy method of communication to get relevant information directly to families – right on your phone!
- Click the links on your phone to download the BAND app and join these groups 🙂
- Please join the Studio-wide BAND here: https://band.us/n/aba6607526O3B
- If your dancer is in COMPANY, please join the Company BAND here: https://band.us/n/a4ac627b2aNdR (dancers can and should join, too!)
- If your dancer is in COMMUNITY TEAM, please join the CT BAND here: https://band.us/n/a7a9687a26O1J (dancers can and should join, too!)
- We’re still tweaking the settings and figuring out how to make this work for us in the best way, but I think this will be a nice way to communicate better to our families where you are 🙂
Studio Lobby & Lounge
How to get connected at The Pointe!
We ask that families limit lobby visitors to one parent per child if you’ll be waiting in the lobby during class. We also ask that families ONLY have food in the lounge, and that families pick up after they eat. We have wipes, paper towels, and a small broom/dustpan in the lounge so the space can stay nice and neat for the next group to use the space.
We love our studio community and truly believe we work with the best families in Cedar Rapids. We know that it takes a village to raise up awesome kids, and our studio community can be a part of your village. We have a private Facebook group just for studio families – click here, let us know the dancer you’re connected with, and we’ll add you to the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1921735994748769 (you MUST answer the questions to be approved for the group) Please also join our studio-wide BAND app: https://band.us/n/aba6607526O3B (dancers can and should join, too!)
Attendance in class is crucial for dancers to learn and grow. We can only teach students who are in class 🙂 However, we know that things happen and kids may need to miss occasionally. To report an absence so your instructor knows what’s going on with your dancer, follow the steps in this 40-second video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nstwEOf7e58&list=PLZkeFgMt7mR63GMRqwjdoIM8-U1mxAx-3&index=2
Boutique & Front Desk Hours
We’re happy to help ! We catch up on studio voicemails, emails, and are available at the front desk from 4:30-7:00 Monday through Thursday, and 9:00 AM – Noon on Saturday mornings.
Students who are dressed for dance perform and progress better in class! Find out what your dancer needs for their classes and easily order online here: www.theturningpointeboutique.com
Have a wonderful weekend!
– Miss Vanessa & your PSD Staff